Saturday, August 3, 2013
1) This song is about a guy who fell in love when he saw her face. Do you believe in love at first sight? Absolutely
2) "I'm a Believer" is the best-selling Monkees song. Can you name another one? No, I can't.
3) On their TV show, the boys competed for the same girl. Have you and a friend ever been romantic rivals? No, and any ex-boyfriends are off limits too.
4) In another episode, the Monkees visited the circus. If you were confident there was a good strong net beneath you, would you walk across the high wire? Sure, why not?
5) The Monkees show originally aired on Monday nights. Do you have a favorite day of the week? I like weekends because I don't have school and I'm free to do whatever.
6) Davy Jones guest starred on an episode of The Brady Bunch. The plot revolved around Marcia's efforts to get him to perform at the prom. Share one of your memories from a school dance. Homecoming my junior year took place right after I got out of the hospital. I looked horrible in all of the pictures. It was a disaster!
7) At the height of their popularity, the Monkees' faces and logo appeared on a lot of merchandise, including lunch boxes. Which would you rather have for lunch -- chicken salad, tuna salad or egg salad? Any of the above... I like them all!
8) You have an afternoon all to yourself. Would you rather spend it at the mall, checking out what's new in the stores and people watching, or walking through the forest, observing the birds and trees and leaves? At the mall.
9) Do you have a good memory for names? Yes I do.
Friday, August 2, 2013
Here's my answers for the Friday 5. You should do it too!
- What’s something non food-related you have to go to a nearby town to do because the town where you live doesn't have it? Go shopping at Lane Bryant.
- What’s something you go to a nearby town to do because your town’s version of it isn’t as good? Go grocery shopping... We don't have a Harris Teeter in the town I live in.
- What’s something people in nearby towns come to your town to do? Probably nothing lol
- In what way are residents of a nearby town different from residents in your town? They're a little more fast paced I'm sure. I kinda live in podunk lol.
- Many towns give themselves nicknames, like “______ Capital of America” or “America’s ___________est Town” or “Home of __________.” What would be a good nickname along these lines to give the town where you live? The town that used to be a Lake? I don't know lol. This is hard!
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
If you're anything like me, you instantly think of Geico's commercial with the Camel anytime you hear the words Hump Day.
Since I love all types of music, Tuesday Tunes is a blog hop that I certainly had to join!
My pick for this Tuesday is Rihanna's Stay. I've been stuck on this song for a few weeks now, and it's made it's way to being a ringtone on my iPhone. The lyrics are just so powerful, and it makes me think about a certain situation that weighs heavy on my mind. I've always used music as a way to cope with things and I've always related a song or two to major life events. But, I'm going to quit rambling on and allow you to listen to this song. Enjoy!
Monday, July 29, 2013
Molly @ The Move to America had this lovely idea to do a Coffee Themed Blog Hop on Mondays to talk about plans for the week ahead and things you'd like to accomplish. This is my first time participating. If you'd like to join in the fun, just click the banner above :)
Good Morning! Today begins the last week of Summer Semester. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. Even though I have two weeks of freedom to look forward to before Fall Semester starts, I have one last hurdle to overcome first - Final Exams.
It's safe to say that a majority of my week will be occupied with studying, but I do have a couple things I'd like to accomplish as well. Such as re-arranging some furniture in my living room and my bedroom; and working on some more content for my blog. I'm not trying to commit myself to anything major or time consuming this week because I don't want to stress myself out. My main focus is doing well on my exams. Wish me luck!
Sunday, July 28, 2013
The Letter A
Are you agnostic? No
What is your age? 29
What annoys you? Bad drivers, tardiness, disorganization, disrespect...ugh I could go on and on lol!
The Letter B
Do you like bacon? Yes
When is your birthday? October 12th
Who is your best friend? Richard
The Letter C
What is your favorite candy? Skittles
Who is your crush? Paul Walker...yummy!
When was the last time you cried? Last night
The Letter D
Do you daydream? Often
What is your favorite kind of dog? I have a dachshund. I've also had a pomeranian.
What day of the week is it? Sunday
The Letter E
How do you like your eggs? Over medium
Have you ever been in the emergency room? Unfortunately, yes.
What’s the easiest thing to ever do? Nothing. Doing nothing is easy and nothing is easy to do...think about it!
The Letter F
Have you ever flown in a plane? Yes.
Do you use fly swatters? No.
Have you ever used a foghorn? No.
The Letter G
Do you chew gum? Sometimes.
Ever tried gazpacho? No...I don't even know what that is. (Guess I'll have to Google it when I finish this post.)
Are you a giver or taker? Most definitely a giver...maybe even too much of a giver at times.
The Letter H
How are you? Honestly, I could be better. My back has been hurting for days :( I can barely stand up straight!
What’s your height? 5 ft. 8 in.
What color is your hair? The bottle is labeled Darkest Plum Brown ;)
The Letter I
What is your favorite ice-cream? Mint Chocolate Chip, Rocky Road and Strawberry
Have you ever ice-skated? Yes
Do you play an instrument? Violin and I am starting to learn how to play Guitar.
The Letter J
What is your favorite jelly bean? Jelly Belly
Do you wear jewelry? Sometimes
Have you heard a really hilarious joke? Haven't we all?
The Letter K
Whom do you want to kill? I honestly can't think of anyone.
Do you want kids? Someday
Where did you go to kindergarten? Tri-Cities Christian Academy Somersworth, NH
The Letter L
Are you laid-back? I think so.
Do you lie? I try not to, but sometimes it's unavoidable. Especially when I don't want to hurt someone elses feelings.
Do you love anyone? Yes. I love my family and my friends.
The Letter M
What is your favorite movie? The Notebook and Titanic
Do you still watch Disney movies? Like a boss!
Do you like mangos? LOVE them :)